27 Stunning Palace and Manor House Hotels you can stay in, in Portugal
Whilst travelling throughout Europe, I’ve always been intrigued by the royal history and heritage of the different European countries. We’ve loved exploring different Palaces and Castles across the continent, and I’ve often wondered what it must’ve been like to live in these grand and opulent showpieces.
Well now you can, when booking into one of the absolutely stunning Palace Hotels or Manor House Boutique Hotels in Portugal.
Yes, you read right. Thankfully Portugal, like much of Europe, is blessed with numerous Palaces, smaller Palacetes and noble manor houses and estates. Through the years some of these have been preserved and converted into modern day hotels, offering up truly unique places to stay in Portugal.
In this guide I’m going to outline 27 Portugal Palace Hotels that you can book into when planning your next trip to Portugal.
Lisbon & Surrounds: Palace & Manor House Hotels
1. Pestana Palace Lisboa Hotel & National Monument - Lisbon
2. Torel Palace Lisbon
3. Palacio Ramalhete - Lisbon
4. The One Palácio da Anunciada - Lisbon
5. Verride Palácio Santa Catarina - Lisbon
6. Palacio do Governador - Lisbon
7. Palácio das Especiarias - Lisbon
8. Palacete Chafariz Del Rei - Lisbon
9. Tivoli Palacio de Seteais - Sintra
10. Sintra Marmoris Palace - Sintra
11. Palacio Estoril Hotel Golf & Spa - Estoril
Porto: Palace & Manor Houses
12. PortoBay Flores - Porto
13. InterContinental Porto - Palacio das Cardosas - Porto
The 5* InterContinental Porto Hotel, housed in the Palacio das Cardosas, is another top choice for many discerning travellers looking for the perfect hotel to stay in, in Porto. Located at the foot of the central Aliados Avenue, this hotel is ideally situated right in the heart and centre of Porto with all the major attractions and sights within easy walking distance.
This 18th-century palace was renovated and remodelled to house the hotel and boasts elegant rooms, some of which have beautiful views out over the Aliados Avenue. A contemporary restaurant, a bar, gym facilities and a spa, round out some of the facilities you will find here.
It’s been in operation for a number of years and has firmly established itself as a top 5* hotel of choice in the city. So, you really cannot go wrong choosing to stay here.
Check rates and availability – InterContinental Porto – Palacio das Cardosas
14. Torel Palace Porto
15. Maison Albar Hotels Le Monumental Palace - Porto
16. Pestana Palácio do Freixo, Pousada & National Monument - Porto
Rest of Portugal: Palace & Manor House Hotels
17. Quinta das Lagrimas - Coimbra
18. Vidago Palace - Vidago
19. Palacete Villa Idalina - Seixas
20. Palácio de Rio Frio - Palmela
21. Palace Hotel Monte Real - Monte Real (Leiria)
22. Palace Hotel do Bussaco - Luso
23. Palacio da Lousa Boutique Hotel - Lousã (Coimbra)
24. Belmond Reid's Palace - Funchal, Madeira
25. Pousada Palacio de Estoi – Estoi
26. Curia Palace, Hotel Spa & Golf - Curia
27. Hotel Aveiro Palace - Aveiro
If you are looking for truly unique places to stay in Portugal, then booking into one of the many Palace Hotels in Portugal (or boutique Manor Houses for that matter), is definitely the way to go.
I would love to hear your feedback, tips and suggestions. Have you ever stayed over at one of the above mentioned unique hotels in Portugal? If so feel free to comment below and if you love this post then feel free to share it too!